I know I’m going to have a field day with the masks from Valve’s Team Fortress 2. Thankfully I don’t make hat tutorials or I would never escape. So here’s a Bonk Boy mask for Scout (a class that I suck terribly at, mind you). Probably the first “clean” looking mask I’ve ever made.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cintra PVC foamboard(3mm thick)
- Paper Clay(not pictured)
- Hot glue gun
- Metallic paint (I used Folk Art Metallic Bright Red, Folk Art Metallic Silver Sterling, and Folk Art Metallic Inca Gold)
- Sand paper (Medium)
- X-acto blade
- Scrap paper and board
- Cheap plain mask or mold (Optional - I found it made shaping the cintra MUCH easier)
- Elastic band
CONTINUE THE TUTORIAL:
Draw out your main mask piece on paper. Make it long enough to cover your ears. Make perfect circles where your ears will be. Fold and then cut for symmetry.
Trace it out on the cintra. Also draw out 8 larger circles(same size as the ends of your main mask piece) and 4 smaller circles. Cut everything out with the x-acto blade.
Glue 4 large circles together like so. Do the same with the other 4. Save for later. Now glue 2 small circles together, and again with the other 2.
Boil your main mask piece. This part can be tricky. Hence why I used the craft mask.
Once malleable press your cintra onto the mask form. This may take a few goes to get it right. If you get one part just right, try then boiling only the parts you want to fix.
Once cool make sure it fits your face well. If not keep on boiling and bending. IMPORTANT: Make sure the parts covering your ears are completely flat surfaces. If not the circle stacks wont fit on them correctly. I learned this the hard way.
Smear paper clay along the ends of all your circle stacks to hide the lines. Let dry.
Sand down your paper clay until your stacks each look like one, smooth, mechanical piece. Glue small stacks into centers of large stacks.
Make another paper pattern for the wings. Make sure the circular parts are the same size and shape as your SMALL circles. Trace onto cintra and cut out.
Paint your babies all pretty like.
Paint the radioactive symbol onto your smaller circles. I did mine by hand, but if you’re a stickler for precision you can always make a mini pattern.
Once everything is dry, glue cylinders onto the ends of your mask. And glue your wings onto the cylinders. In whatever order.
Glue on your elastic. Having it this tight works since the mask reaches so far back.
Go beat up some freakin’ morons.
- slugiz likes this
- kasztann likes this
- boredman-da likes this
- petitlatte reblogged this from thehappymaskshop
- petitlatte likes this
- caffeine-matriach likes this
- loarfy reblogged this from thehappymaskshop
- fluffy-moose likes this
- marisolthestrange reblogged this from thehappymaskshop
- marisolthestrange likes this
- j1gsawen likes this
- kumo-neko likes this
- purpletoasterapples likes this
- trustthedoctors likes this
- n0x10u5 likes this
- tracefoxer likes this
- onthebedmakingchocolatepudding reblogged this from tf2cosplayhelp
- onthebedmakingchocolatepudding likes this
- lizardsfail likes this
- mochawhip reblogged this from fuckyeahthescout
- justhamsthings likes this
- frozenkat likes this
- ru88erduck likes this
- censorbar likes this
- little-pyro-in-pyroland likes this
- generallyreferenced reblogged this from thehappymaskshop
- eight-things-i-do-not-want likes this
- yummybaconofdoom likes this
- scarfteamfreaksunited reblogged this from thehappymaskshop
- mandathemedic likes this
- ellistheharrible likes this
- helloimcatherine likes this
- scootapoot reblogged this from thehappymaskshop
- scootapoot likes this
- expzombie likes this
- korrawr likes this
- trickster-heiress-jane-crocker reblogged this from unitymanipulator
- hipster-scout likes this
- komaver2 likes this
- kisek likes this
- firedra6on likes this
- thebreadgod likes this
- fishfacedterror reblogged this from tf2cosplayhelp
- karsfucker likes this
- felineodile likes this
- kvitebjoern likes this
- applenose likes this
- fishfacedterror likes this
- sonix-the-nmh likes this
- theycallmetheflash likes this